January 24, 2011

Yum!! [home projects]

I think I've been constantly talking about the Eiffel chair, just because it's simple yet eye-catching design is the most appealing thing I've ever seen in a chair. I'd like to add the George Nelson bubble lamp  to my dining room for my lighting needs (large saucer lamp). But what I'd like the most is to have the artichoke lamp, which, unfortunately, is out of the question, since it's way out of my budget.
Next thing on the list is a rug for the family room. Because of other elements, I would like it to be graphic and unique. As a last resort it could be a thick, white/beige rug...but I have a shortlist (see below).
Some other things on my wish list are painting the walls of the dining room (dark shade of blue..I think), and painting my second room white (it's currently pastel pink and green, I don't know what I was thinking!). I'm also hoping to remodel the kitchen to make it unique, but still functional, by changing the cabinets, the counter tops, the back-splash, and the doorhandles. See below for some ideas of my thought-line. Keeping my hopes up, thatI 'll accomplish these tasks fairly soon. :-)